Monday, February 21, 2011

All Grown Up (at least for today)

Well, today was just one of those days when you all of the sudden realize that your babies are growing up- and too fast at that.  The girls were out of school today, so we spent most of the day just hanging around the house.  This afternoon, Amelia had PT first and then speech therapy.  I have always gone into Amelia's sessions with her for PT, and usually go in with her for speech.  Today marks the first day that Amelia "kicked me out" of both!!! 

I was talking to another mom in the waiting room when Amelia's PT came out to get her, so she took Amelia on back.  I walked around and found the room they were in, and Amelia was doing great work.  Then, Amelia gave me "the look."  You know, the one that basically says "what in the world are you doing here, because I can handle this."  So, I asked Amelia if she wanted me to stay or go.  Of course, she told me to go!!!  She gave me a hug and kiss, and away I went to the waiting room.  I know she did well, but it did worry me that her PT does not know much sign language.  But they managed just fine.

Fast forward about 30 minutes to speech, and it was the exact same story- just a different time, place, and therapist.  So, twice in one day she decided that she didn't need me with her.  Don't get me wrong, I am so proud of how independent and confident she is becoming.  But, it does hurt this mama's heart just a little- knowing that they are growing up so fast!!!

No comments: